HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!

HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!
Summer Camp Team!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Wrap-up

Picture: Missionary/nurse Beckie Garrison tending to me January 10. Ow! That REALLY hurt--the injury, not what Beckie did.

I confess, blogging slowed down after my crash in Tambov. The last 5 days of the trip were still fruitful. God used the class on Titus as we prayed. I got feedback a week after returning home that things from the class are being quoted and applied in talks about church situations in Tambov. Todd's work has incredible potential for the future. (I guess that's when most potential develops!)

Todd's and my final day was a snowy Sunday's journey to worship in Kirsanov, one of the healthiest churches in the oblast. Jenni drove us to and from Kirsanov, then accompanied us to Moscow and delivered us to the airport right on schedule. Our trans-Atlantic flight was diverted to London to drop off a passenger who fell ill, but we were able to absorb the delay into our scheduled layover in Chicago so we returned home on schedule Monday night.

The news on my shoulder is encouraging. "It's broken" is not what you usually want to hear, but in this case it's good news. Two fractures near the top of the humerus (upper arm bone) seem to be the extent of damage. After first x-rays and examination the sports medicine doctor does not think I damaged the rotator cuff and does not think I'll need surgery. Follow-up on January 24 will hopefully confirm the diagnosis. If that holds true, it will be a matter of keeping it in a sling until the bones heal sufficiently to begin physical therapy. I've set my personal goal to hit a golf ball by May 1.

I'm humbled again at the things God is doing through this bi-continental partnership. Thank you for praying for us. Thank you Todd, Jen and Megan for making this trip and letting God use you exceeding abundantly beyond all you could ask or think. Thank you to everyone who sacrificed (giving, babysitting, covering at jobs, etc.) to make it possible for the team to go. Thank you for praying for dear friend Paul Guay who intended to be with us. Please pray his recovery is sufficient to fulfill our plans to get him to Tambov in October.

Ephesians 3:20-21,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment