HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!

HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!
Summer Camp Team!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Perspective



My dear husband, I just read the comment you posted to the Michurinsk Orphanage blog posting. You brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for your grace in allowing me to be here and serve in this way. Thank you for the tender way you LISTEN to our kids. I was telling Jen that I am a HORRIBLE listener, and from you I am slowly learning how to slow down and really pay attention to the kids and what they are saying. Pay attention! That's always a big lesson when one is removed from their normal life. I think how often I just rush around without really paying attention to the things that matter most.

This is a photo from a very emotional moment at camp. It was the last night, and Jim had preached his final sermon, the band was playing "I'm coming back to a heart of worship, and it's all about You, it's all about YOU Jesus! I'm sorry Lord, for the thing I've made it..." Pastor Anatoly called for whoever the Lord was stirring to come forward and repent.

Like in the U.S., "repent" can either mean the first time that a person fully surrenders their life to Jesus Christ, or it can mean a rededication serving the Lord more faithfully. So, both of Vadim's kids were at the camp, and both Yulia (age 10) and Elia (Elijah, age 7) decided to go forward to repent. I was sitting next to Oksana (their mom) and Vadim was up front playing the guitar. Both kids were crying, then Oksana was crying, and Jenni said Vadim was keeping his head down because he was crying. So, later we figured out that it was the first time that the kids had publicly decided to place their faith in Jesus Christ. Of course, Pastor Vadim and Oksana had always taught them the truth of God's Word, but they never pressured them and wanted it to be genuine. So, without their parents' prompting, they went forward, first Elia and then his sister. Then, after praying with the pastors, everyone sat down. It was so sweet to see both kids run to their Daddy's lap and just sob! (Of course,we were all crying!)

Anyway, I couldn't help but see my own husband and own children in this tender display, and it prompted repentance in my own heart! I know it's weird to say that I
have to go away from my children and husband to really appreciate them, but in this case, I really am convicted and humbled to put first things FIRST! To invest my BEST in my marriage, in teaching our children the truth of God's Word,in LISTENING and really paying attention to the people God has placed closest to me.

I love you, Rader, Hunter, and Hadley. Thank you for letting me be here, and thank
you for loving me!--Meg (Mom)

P.S. Thank you as well to the many wonderful family members who are helping Rader in my absence! I heard about Hunter's Monopoly Tournament with Grandpa! Hadley, how exciting that you learned to sew! Bowling with Auntie and cousins was another highlight! Spa-see-ba! (Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment