HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!

HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!
Summer Camp Team!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Success and Splat!

Hi!
The "success" part is that the orphanage trip was apparently a great success. The reception was very good, with kids hanging on Jenni (who recovered sufficiently to join us) every moment. We can only pray that the unknown rules of the test were such that the door will open. There was an encouraging report from someone who knows more than we do.

The "splat" part was on our way back from another trip to Jharr Pizza. A taxi dropped us off at the church. Crossing the small street covered with wet ice brought our first team fall. Jen got to see it; Todd and I only heard the unmistakable slip/splat sound. Megan was true to herself, already laughing before we helped her back to her feet. She may have what I call an "aching everything" but no serious injuries. Really weird to have had temperatures above freezing every day so far. That's due to change tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow by via Skype at church!

--Jim

1 comment:

  1. OH MEGAN -Falling for Jesus. I like the idea, but (butt) ....I hope you are ok and that you will feel better as the day goes on. It has been my joy to see your children every day after school this week. They are so sweet and full of happiness and excitement. They played with their friends last night after school and I baked brownies, so we had that with ice cream for dessert. It was yummy.

    Hadley is missing you. She said to me, "How many more days before Mommy comes home? I miss Mommy." Hunter is a little more reticent, but I can tell he is ready for you to be home too. He has been telling Hadley how many more days also. He is such a young man now. I can't believe that chubby-faced little guy is now so big and mature.

    According to Jim's post, things turned out ok at the orphanage. What a blessing and a relief, especially for Jenni, because of her involvement there. I am anxious to hear your tales of Russia. See you Monday , Love Mom

    ReplyDelete