HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!

HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!
Summer Camp Team!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

How The Car Was Fixed

In Todd's post he mentioned casually "We fixed the locked brakes and had her back on the road in a short time." I wish I could have been there and made a video. From all the reports I've heard it involved:

- Pasha lying under the back of the car
- Jenni in the driver's seat with instruction to keep trying to pull forward and "Whatever you do, don't go backward--Pasha's lying back there"
- Todd and another guy with a tire iron, a meat tenderizer hammer and a dinner knife from the kitchen, banging on the brake drums and cylinders to break them loose
- Someone lighting newspapers on fire and holding them under the rear wheel wells to heat everything up and melt whatever was frozen
- Jenni praying something like "Lord, I'm Yours and this car is Yours. If you want to bring me home to You by burning alive in the car, so be it."

My mental picture is that this probably looked like a gathering of medicine men performing rituals to free a car from its bondage. The image would be complete if they told me they were chanting while they did all this.

That's today's snapshot of life in Russia.

Tomorrow: 3 hours of class before lunch, then adjourn. After lunch we travel to TCC (Transformation Christian Center where camp was held) where I will lead a Bible Q & A with the people in the rehab program.

Thanks for all the prayers and notes about my injured shoulder. I'm getting along OK. God is allowing me to sleep well in spite of the pain. Marsha already has an appointment for me at Idaho Sports Medicine Institute the day after I get home.

--Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment