HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!

HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!
Summer Camp Team!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Soundtrack

Thank you for your prayers! We arrived home at 11:20 last night, with nary a snag in our many
modes of transportation. Jen and I were deliriously singing this Chris Daughtry song on our nine hour transatlantic flight...
So I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.

Though it's not a Christian song, the lyrics worked to express our hearts.
Not running from Russia, because we are very thankful for this trip and all that we learned!
But it is an incredibly wonderful thing to be standing on American soil (even if it's a big airport)
and to know that you're just one flight from HOME!


Part of our in flight entertainment was picking our top songs for our annual Russia soundtrack.
(Jen thinks in music!)
These first two songs are from our first morning at camp. We were sitting in the quiet dining hall, and apart from communication with us, Vadim gets up and starts playing these songs. (Russians don't have much Christian contemporary music, so most of what they listen to is American songs.)


1- None But Jesus (Hillsong Live)
2- From the Inside Out (Hillsong version) 


Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame

And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise,
From the inside out!!!!


We were moved to tears of surrender and gratitude, for the way this music spoke to our souls.
So thankful for God's faithful care when we feel SO very far from our comfort zone. 
What a beautiful gift to watch the snow falling outside and to become still and quiet before our Great God...He understands us when no one else can!


3- Come Down, O Love Divine (Fernando Ortega)
4- Follow You (Leeland & Brandon Heath)
5- Grace (Laura Story)
6- The Look of Love (think cheesy 80's song)
7- Hold Me Together (Royal Tailor)
8- Always Enough (Casting Crowns)
9- Every Little Prison (Matt Maher)
10- Home (Daughtry)






Thank you, Lord Jesus, for bring us home safely! It is SOOOO great to be home!
Jen, I hope you're achieving your goal of not waking up until Wednesday! :)
-Megan


P.S. 40 straight hours of travel. We looked AWESOME by the time we arrived home!

I love this picture of Jen slumped over on her tray attempting sleep on our last flight! Delirium is truly the best description!  She returned the impromptu photo op by getting the fine photo of me just having raised my sleep mask. And frankly, the "sleep" part of the mask title is unjust. For what was going on...maybe "jerk mask"  would fit better for the many times I would drift off and find my head slowly leaning forward and then jerking back upright! God bless my husband, I came home to a clean house with fresh sheets on our bed...SO THANKFUL!  (Not to mention the heavenly shower with endless hot water!!!!) 

1 comment:

  1. SHESH.......Laugh out loud.......we look SMOKIN HOT! Thanks for posting these sweet pictures Meg....I ought to be able to get a date in NO TIME!!! Totally kidding!

    I busted a gut laughing as I read your rendition of the SLEEP/JERK mask! Heavy on the JERK!

    We looked SO special trying to sleep on the airplane.....when you wake yourself up because you are SNORING TOO LOUD and coming out of the stupor you realize your jaw has been too relaxed and your mouth is gaping open and you have probably been drooling....I VAY!!!!! I'm not sure I have ever looked so PRETTY!!! You find out who your REAL friends are when they STICK AROUND THROUGH THE UGLY!!!!

    Thanks Megan! Jen

    P.S. I obviously did NOT make my goal of not SEEING TUESDAY!!!! I woke up about 10:00--I wouldn't classify it as restful sleep...but it was SLEEP! I am enjoying the QUIET of my home and as usual the SCALDINGLY HOT CUP OF COFFEE warming my hands....looking forward to my BIBLE and me ALL DAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete