HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!

HBC Summer Missions Team in Russia!
Summer Camp Team!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hibernation by Megan

Spending this day at home, hibernating...trying to collect the fragments of thoughts.  Spending time with HIM, and thinking through this trip as I  recharge my battery. Jen, there's a couple songs that I might have to add to our soundtrack. One from your iPod: "Hide Away in the Love of Jesus."

"Come weary saints, though tired and weak, hide away, hide away in the love of Jesus. Your strength will return by His quiet streams..."

"He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul..."
Psalm 23:2-3

Another song that has been running through my head is "Faithful God" by Laura Story.

"For you are a lamp to my feet
A light to my path
You're the hand that's holding me
Faithful God, every promise kept,
Every need You've met, faithful God
May the love that caught my heart to set it free
Be the love that others see in me
And may this hope that reaches to the depth of human need
Be the song that I sing in joy and suffering
For You are the love that never leaves
The friend that won't deceive
You're the one sure thing...
How deep how wide the love
That pierced His side, the love
Redemption's mine, oh love
That will not let me go!"

O, Lord God! So much bigger than I can imagine! Thankful that You would see fit to include me in some tiny way in Your eternal plans. When I catch even the smallest glimpse of Your mighty power, I am humbled to the core.  Faithful God, every promise kept! Every need You've met!  There's been several times during this trip where I've been floored by Your faithful care. One was when we were pulling away from the train station (with a loving group standing outside our window) and I was overcome by the realization that despite being in such a foreign place, You unite your people! Though not able to speak the language AT ALL,  you allowed us to serve together as a team!   O, Lord! Send more workers into the harvest! Continue to use me somehow to support and encourage these few but faithful Russian brothers and sisters.  Another moment of absolute gratitude was the gift of being reunited with my husband and children and realizing strangely that we have grown closer by being apart.  Thank You for strengthening and uniting those who serve together, both here and around the world!

Praying for the orphans, for the many in spiritual darkness, for the neighbors and friends here in the United States, in this very city...that may they truly find "the water of life without cost."  For You are the love that never leaves, the friend that won't deceive, You're the one sure thing!

Thank you, Lord, for reminding me of my purpose. Things get simpler when I am removed from my culture, my friends, my family, my routines. It causes me to reflect on what REALLY matters.  How deep, how wide the love!!!! May the love that set my heart free, be the love that others see in me! And may this hope reach to the depth of human need!

Reflecting on how the end times of Revelation are a key part of God's faithfulness...when He will bring all things to completion, when every promise is kept.
"and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain, for the first things have passed away. And He who sits on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.' And He said, 'Write, for these words are FAITHFUL and true.' And He said to me, 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes shall inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.'"  Revelation 21:4-7
The very NEXT verse after this passage explains  that those who do not come to Jesus Christ in this life will be sentenced to the lake that burns with fire and brimstone.  O, Lord, may I be faithful to speak this truth in love! Not desiring that any would perish, but desiring all to come to saving knowledge of You! To repent of living this life for our own purposes and begin living fully for You!

I was talking to Todd about how one even begins to summarize all of the things that we have seen.
He suggested that it's probably just one picture. Just one set of eyes. One person that needs to know Him.
So here's just one. O, Lord, may we be faithful to share Your truth with the many...young and old, rich and poor, near and far...Come, every single one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment